Note: all prices are subject to change without notice. Please check in app for the latest pricing. Pricing varies between countries due to exchange rate and app store pricing tier differences.
- USD $0.99 for 1 week, , 7-day free trial (Android only)
- USD $9.99 for 3 months, 30-day free trial (22% saving over weekly subscription)
- USD $29.99 for 12 months, 30-day free trial (41% saving over weekly subscription)
On Android, subscription auto-renew, but you can cancel at any time prior to 24 hours before the next charging period, including during the trial. You can continue to use Skyfire until the end of your trial or current subscription period.
On iOS, subscriptions do no automatically renew. You must manually renew within the app. You will be sent a reminder email if your trial or subscription is coming to the end. Additionally, a Skyfire Plus option is available on iOS at higher price.
We've received a number of negative reviews for Skyfire for Android based on pricing (basically saying it's too expensive). A few points to consider:
- Skyfire has been available on iOS since July 2015 at the exact same price point. We've had only two negative review comments on pricing, and have sold thousands of subscriptions.
- We want to keep pricing consistent across the two platforms.
- We've also revised the sign up page to make it clearer that a free trial is available (7-days for weekly subs, 30-days for longer billing periods). You can cancel at any time. You can use the service for a month without paying a penny.
- Recognizing that some users may wish to try the service for longer while managing their spend, we've added a USD 99¢ 1-week subscription option, which is an easy way to try Skyfire beyond the free trial period, for example during a short 1- or 2-week photo trip.
- Skyfire is a specialist service for photographers and several features of its forecasts set it apart from alternatives. If your interest is more general and cost is a concern, you may want to look at more consumer-oriented free or ad-supported products.